METRAHIT IM XTRA is a multimeter & milliohmmeter, insulation tester, coil tester and data logger. Applications can be found in the field of service and diagnostics of electrical machines and systems, particularly in the automotive industry, electrical engineering and aerospace engineering. METRAHIT IM E-DRIVE has the same functions as IM XTRA, however, with its proprietary design and a scope of supply adapted to E-mobility applications.
The multimeter is a portable, extremely rugged multiple measuring instrument designed for field use. It is suitable for maintenance, service and diagnostics of electrical machines or drives and systems, e.g. in the automotive, avionics, energy or automation sectors.
The all-in-one device is an insulation tester, milliohmmeter, interturn short circuit tester and universal multimeter. It is ideal for safety testing and diagnostics of electric and hybrid vehicles and all types of electric machines.
In combination with an optional coil test adapter it allows for interturn short circuit measurements.
In addition to the METRAHIT IM and the COIL ADAPTER XTRA, a set of test cables with crocodile clips is required to test the windings of a motor for possible short circuits.
1. The first step is to connect the COIL ADAPTER XTRA with the METRAHIT IM.
2. In the second step, the test cables are plugged into the COIL ADAPTER XTRA and connected with the DUT.
(We recommend the use of optional crocodile clips for establishing a connection to the windings of a motor).
3. After selecting the appropriate inductance range for the winding with the rocker switch at the COIL ADAPTER XTRA and setting the METRAHIT IM to RISO, the process can be started.
4. Select coil measurement via the "Func." softkey of the METRAHIT IM.
5. Use the "Start" softkey of the METRAHIT IM to start the measurements.
6. After the first measurement result has been displayed, turning the rotary switch at the COIL ADAPTER XTRA automatically launches all subsequent measurements and shows all measurement results in a bar graph on the display of the METRAHIT IM.
The display of the METRAHIT IM not only indicates the graphical representation of the measurements, but also the deviation between the largest and smallest measured value as a percentage value.
The measurements are now completed and can be used for fault diagnosis or documentation.
Do you have any questions on the product or do you need technical information or details on the current delivery period? Our sales backoffice will be pleased to assist you.
Sales Back Office
Telephone:+49 911 8602-111